Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Memorable dialogues from MBFW

Like the 1st time I watched MBFW with my friends, I can’t help but recall some of the dialogue exchanges in the movie. You know how we pinoys chat after watching a movie. We talk about the scenes as if the other didn’t see it. Then, we’ll also talk about how we wanted the ending to be if we’re not satisfied with how the movie ends. Or we’ll talk about “what if’s”. Then we just keep on talking about the movie over and over again.


Wanting to write the lines correctly but not being sure if what I remember are the exact words or phrases, I searched the net and luckily, I found a list of the memorable quotes from the movie. The list is long so I just chose to copy those that I liked most.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Julianne Potter: Michael... I love you. I've loved you for nine years, I've just been too arrogant and scared to realize it, and... well, now I'm just scared. So, I realize this comes at a very inopportune time but I really have this gigantic favor to ask of you. Choose me. Marry me. Let me make you happy. Oh, that sounds like three favors, doesn't it?



(Julianne in her attempt to get Michael to choose her over Kimmy)



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



George Downes: When you kissed Michael did he kiss you back?



Julianne Potter: What do you mean? We were lip to lip.



(Julianne called George to tell him that she kissed Michael.)



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Michael O'Neill: Kimmy says if you love someone you say it, you say it right then, out loud. Otherwise the moment just...



Julianne Potter: Passes you by...



Michael O'Neill: Passes you by...



(Michael and Julianne were on a boat…)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Julianne Potter: It is the duty of the best man to dance with the maid of honor.



Michael O'Neill: Dance? You can't dance. When did you learn how to dance?



Julianne Potter: I've got moves you've never seen.



(Nagpapacute si Julianne kay Michael while they were watching a field game along with some elders.)



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



George Downes: Kindred spirits, eh?



Julianne Potter: No, he's nothing like me. He's like you, actually, only straight.



(I don’t remember hearing this conversation but I liked Julianne’s last sentence. George is a gay in the movie.)



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Julianne Potter: I had the strangest dream. I dreamt that some psychopath was trying to break the two of you up. Luckily, I woke up and I see that the world is just as it should be. For my best friend has won the best woman. I didn't buy you a gift. But this is on loan until you two find your song...



(Julianne, being the maid of honor, delivered this message during the reception. The song will follow in a separate post :)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Kimmy Wallace: He's got you on a pedestal and me in his arms.



(Kimmy speaking to Julianne. Napahiya si Julianne. )



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



George Downes: Why don't we stop and have a drink? You can take a later flight.



Julianne Potter: No, no, no, no. I'm a busy girl. I've got exactly four days to break up a wedding, steal the bride's fella and I haven't one clue how to do it.



(hahahaha. Poor girl.)



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Julianne Potter: Crème brûlée can never be Jell-O. YOU could never be Jell-O.



Kimmy Wallace: I HAVE to be Jell-O!



Julianne Potter: You're never gonna be Jell-O!



(What’s with Jello and what’s with crème brulee? – sosyal kasi ang crème brulee, pangalan pa lang.)



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



George Downes: Maybe there won't be marriage, maybe there won't be sex, but by God there'll be dancing!



( George suddenly appeared during the reception huh!)



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Julianne Potter: This is my one chance at happiness. I have to be ruthless!



(Again, poor girl!)



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



George Downes: Bond, Jane Bond



(Bading talaga, hahaha)



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



George Downes: Michael's chasing Kimmy?



Julianne Potter: Yes!



George Downes: You're chasing Michael?



Julianne Potter: YES!



George Downes: Who's chasing you... nobody, get it? There's your answer. It's Kimmy.



(On the phone…)



Just when I was finishing the last conversation, I suddenly asked myself how this movie would appeal to me 10 years from now. Maybe, I should ask my college friends to join me so we can re-live the younger years huh!

3 comments:

lovelyn said...

Hi Jane!

Its the FIRST movie I watched with my FIRST and EX-BOYFRIEND who happens to be my HUSBAND back when we were still dating.

Its a special movie for us!

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

URGENT LOAN OFFER WHATSAPP +918929509036 said...

Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us (creditloan11@gmail.com)